Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Birthday Cards



 So I was looking through my Color Inspiration Magazine that came out earlier this year and I got an idea.  Not so much the colors but the layout.  If you have it, it's on page 46 - Spread Sunshine.  I just love this simplicity of it, so here are some simple birthday cards I came up with.


I really like the look of white ink on black paper, so I wanted the white to look a little messy on the embossed images.  The first card I used Flourished Frame and added the white ink and flowers after stamping my words on some Kraft paper from my scrap paper.  Who says brown and black don't go together :o)  I topped it with someCuttersCreek branded and Prima flowers.



This card I also embossed, but with one of the images from the Organic Flourish Collection.  I also used white to enhance the embossed image but no where else.  I just really like the simple feel to it.  Both cards took maybe 10 minutes total so this was perfect for a card in a hurry or  making some for your stash of birthday cards.  And they look completely different!


thanks for looking! 

Photobucket

Image:  Stampin' Up -retired
Paper:  stash
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, white ink from stash
Embellishments:  Prima Flowers: Dimmet, Aurora. CC Flowers: Aqua Marine, B, W, GOrganic Flourishes, Flourished Frame.
Other: ATG,  Glue Dots, Big Shot

1 comment:

KellyRae said...

I like how the white ink emphasizes the embossing on the darker cardstock. The design totally showcases the SENTIMENT! (Although the darling flowers are pretty cool lol.)