Monday, July 18, 2011

Copic Portfolio

So I decided to update my Copic Portfolio with an image I used quite a bit by *Princess Elemmiriel.  Using my copics I colored my image focusing on lighting.  I have the sun coming from the upper right, so the shadows would be on the right of the body and more specific areas like where her waist is bent, the arm slightly covered by her dress, where her hair covers her face and dress, her nose, and what would not be hit directly by the light.



Definitely one of my favorite images to color.  The main reason I put this image in my portfolio is because of the size.  Usually when I color this image, I tend to use a larger version and the card ends up around 5x7.  This image was printed at 2x3 so it was a challenge to color with the shading at so small a size.  I really like how it turned out.                                                                                                                        Are you working on a portfolio?  It is a good reference tool and it helps you have a comparison of how much your coloring has progressed from when you start.  It is also a good way to keep track of favorite color combos, techniques and samples you have made.  I tend to color two of every image I use as it helps me practice in a way, but also I can get two cards done at once but that also can turn out so differently from one another.

thanks for looking!
 


Photobucket

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Multiliner
Embellishments:
Other: ATG,
Stash: green paper

2 comments:

lorene said...

wow Meliss, she looks sooooooo good!!! will you be my teacher? I gotta get back to making cards....

love you lots

mom

KellyRae said...

You totally turned me on to Princess Elemmiriel. I haven't colored her yet but I've got 'plans.' No matter what colors you choose for her, you make her a-m-a-z-i-n-g!