Monday, May 31, 2010

Paper Make Up Submission

Hello!  So today I am sharing some cards I made to submit for the call at Paper Make Up Stamps!  Hurry if you are interested as today is the last day to enter!!!

My first two cards I was experimenting on some sketches I found and with colors.  Now, I tend towards simple when I make cards but it also depends on who I am giving them to as I try and give something that fits individual personalities.  For these, I don't know who is getting them yet - -might send them in to OWH as they are always looking for cards! 

For this card, I LOVED the sketch!  The bottom right is the sentiment that is stamped in Hawaiian Shores so is a little light in the picture.  It reads, "You Inspire Me."  I cut it out with Nesties Label 3 and embossed the edge.  I ran my copic C0 along the edges so that it does not detract from the words themselves.  I used pop dots (which you can see on the cards under the vellum  - -may be awhile before I use vellum again!) 


Recipe: 
Paper: PTI- Hawaiian Shores, Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Green Boutique.  Vellum from my stash. 
Seeing Spots Embossing Folder
SU! Scallop Border, Nesties Label 3
Stamps: MTME: Sensational Sentiments, Argyle Amazement
Ink: Memento Chocolate Ink, Hawaiian Shores
Copics: Y35, R12, RV14, BG72, B02, YG13, YG17

 My 2nd card is a 5 1/4" square card.  I used a new technique in this one - -I took some refill ink and diluted it to color in the flowers. I kind of like the way it looks, a softer version than coloring with my copics.  I stamped the Dahlia twice, first with Ocean tides and again with Versamark Dazzle so there is a slight glimmer.  I also added glaze tot he centers to make them pop a little more.
Recipe: 
Paper: PTI- Ocean Tides, Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist.  Vellum from my stash. 
Polka Dots Embossing Folder
SU! Scallop Border, Sentiment shape cut with Cricut, Corner Rounder
Prima Flowers -French White, pearls from stash
Stamps: MTME: So Sentimental, PTI Delightful Dahlia
Ink: PTI Ocean Tides, Versamark Dazzle Champagne, CTMH -Breeze, Colonial White

My third card is by far my favorite!!  I wanted to try something a little different so I turned the background label.  I really like how it makes the image pop even more (plus so the pop up dots!)  If you can't tell yet, these shades of bluish -green are my FAVORITE colors.  So hopefully they don't bore you too much!

Recipe:
Paper: PTI- Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, Stamper's Select White, Green Boutique. 
SU! Scallop Border, Nesties Label 3, eyelets from TAC, PTI Hawaiian Shores button
Stamps: MTME: Sensational Sentiments, TGF Miss Anya Collection
Ink: PTI Ripe Avocado, Memento Tuxedo Black


Copics: I have them grouped in areas colored: (E37, E99, E97), (E21, E11, E00, E50), (C0, C00, BG49, BG13, BG34, BG23, BG11), (RC14, R32, R12), (E25, E33, E31), (YG13, YG17), (C2, C1, C0, C00)
















Here is a close up of Anya as I LOVE how the coloring turned out for her!  Bytheway, the copics listed above are show from top to bottom so if you like the combo there ya go!
 
My final card is the Father's Day card I posted last week as I believe these last two cards truly show "Me."  I truly love this card as well especially how the suits ended up as coloring them was so much fun!!
Recipe:
Paper: From my stash -Bazzill, PTI Stamper's Select White.

Card cut with Cricut 4x4 easel card.
Stamps: Lady Bug and Friends Dad, Dude or Darling?, CTMH You are my Hero, SU! Well Scripted. MTME Sensational Sentiments (Inside), Puckered Up Patterns





Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Enchanted Evening.
Copics: again in order from top to bottom.
(E33, E31, YR00), (E21, E11, E00, E50), (110, C7, C5, C4, C3, C2, C1, C0, C00, Spica Silver), (B00, C1, C00, BG72), (B97, B34, B23, B21, Spica Gold), (N6, N4, N1).

Here is a close-up of Dad!  Isn't he gorgeous!  

I am so proud of how these cards turned out and I truly hope you enjoy looking at them! I just love coloring with copics and how they make me feel like a real artist! I hope you enjoyed these cards as I thouroughly enjoyed making them!!   Thank you for looking!

3 comments:

lorene said...

WOW Melissa! you are becoming a pro with hair and skin!!! great job sweetie! good luck on the submission! my fingers are crossed for you. you really did a great job!

love ya
Mom

KellyRae said...

OMGosh! LOVE the hair on your Anya. The braid looks marvelous and you've totally pegged the highlights. Awesome indeed. And I really really like how you didn't stamp the entire image. Good luck with the PMS submission!

Anonymous said...

great card! I don't have those dies to cut the you are my hero...any chance you might post an svg? Thanks~