Thursday, March 10, 2011

Melissa's Fairy Tale Card

So I wanted to show some new products that Cutters Creek now has and what better way than making a card!  I started with the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Paper.  I have never used their paper before and  I can honestly say I cannot wait to buy more!  This card was a learning curve for me and I loved it!!

I have a tendency to lean towards mythical in stamps and papers and this just fell right into my element.  I loved the fairy and butterfly theme in this collection and was trying to find the perfect stamp set to complement it.  I came across a new stamp set from In Style Stamps; Fairy Tales.  Perfect!  There is an image of Thumbelina that would work perfectly with the fairy theme.



I wanted to make the wings pop from the paper and also just add a shimmer effect to the stamped image but I wanted something more popping than the subtlety of Spicas; Stickels!  They were the product of the month for February and I have never used them before.  I really like how it gave the fairy wings a realistic look and added a fantastic feel to the Thumbelina image.

  
I love how I was able to blend the Graphic 45 paper with some from my stash for the inside of the card.



Let me know what you think!!


Photobucket





Stamps: In Style Stamps Fairy Tales, SU! Well Scripted (No longer available)
Embellishments: Stickles -Tropical Tangerine, Diamond
Other: Glue Dots, ATG
Stash: corner rounder, green background paper 
Skin: E50, E00, R12, Peach, Sky Blue Spica
Dress: BV0000, BV00, BV11, Lavender Spica
Hair: E42, E31, E34
Leaves: YG11, YG13, YG17, YG63
Flower: YR000, YR01, E02

1 comment:

lorene said...

LOVE your card! you amaze me!!! miss you all, can't wait to see you next week.

love you all....

mom