Friday, November 30, 2012

Nativity Card

Hi!  With Christmas right around the corner, I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with the daily schedule my family has and have been dreading making my cards this year.  I found myself trying to find alternatives to my usual elaborate cards as I just don't have the time with an active infant trying to crawl everywhere!

Here is a very simple Christmas Card I made using scraps found in my paper drawer with an SVG image I found here.  I love all of his designs and they are so versatile with every project I have been making lately.  I than used my cutting machine to cut out the base, the star and the nativity scene.

I adhered the star to my base and ran it through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder and than used a file to make the white stand out a little more.  I used clear mounting tape to place my image for a 3D effect.  I thought about lining up the image with the green star, but I found I liked the layered look better.  I think it makes it pop a little more.  For the final touch, I added Liquid Pearls for the star.



thanks for looking!



Embellishments: Snowflakes, Liquid Pearls
Other: ATG, Big Shot, File SetKool TAC
Stash: Paper



Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorene Holbrook said...

Your cards are always beautiful. Love you sweetie.....mom